via Simon Black
So many people are making this realization. They're utterly disgusted by what they see happening at home. And they feel powerless to stop it.
Think about what's happened just in the past year:
- The US government has brazenly continued its arrogant domestic spying program despite overwhelming public opposition. So much for a government "for the people"...
- Banks in Italy and the UK have begun limiting how much customers can withdraw. Banks in the United States have begun restricting their customers' international wire transfers. And of course, banks in Cyprus completely froze people out of their accounts.
- Everyone from the International Monetary Fund to leading Harvard economists have been calling for capital controls (which could lock your money inside a failing banking system).
- "Wealth taxes" are also being proposed... again by the IMF, as well as the German central bank.
- They’re coming for your retirement savings as well. Poland nationalized private pension funds last year, and the brand new US Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has already hinted at “helping” Americans manage their IRA accounts.
- Brand spanking new taxes were rolled out on 1/1/2014 in the Land of the Free, including a capital gains tax increase from 15% to 23.8%. This is a proportional increase of over 58%.
- President Obama quietly signed an Executive Order that gives Homeland Security the ability to control and shut down the nation's communications systems upon the President's request.
- As of January 10, 2014, 47.4 million Americans were receiving food stamps. That's more than 15% of the entire population. And it's 70% higher than in 2008 when the financial crisis began.
- According to a recent IRS report, "tax requirements have become so confusing and the compliance burden so great that taxpayers are giving up their U.S. citizenship in record numbers"
- 2013 already saw violent unrest in some of the most stable countries in the world like Sweden, all underpinned by absolute disgust for the status quo.
The list goes on and on. But the big picture trend is crystal clear: most of the West is in terminal decline.
They have reached the point of no return with respect to their massive debt burdens. Greece. Italy. The United States. Japan. They have absolutely no hope of paying down their debts without resorting to some destructive tactic.
And we're seeing it all unfold in front of our very eyes. Capital controls. Bank withdrawal limitations. Wealth taxes. Etc.
This is what happens when nations go bankrupt. They almost always resort to plundering their citizens. Deep down, you know it's already happening.
But there's something critical that most people don't realize.
Most folks watch this unfold... and shake their heads in disgust thinking that there's nothing they can do about it.
And it's true, there really is no 'saving' the system.
Look at a situation like Japan, where the government is already spending over 25% of its tax revenue just to pay interest on its debt... at a time when interest rates are basically zero!
This is not a system that can simply be fixed. There is no adjustment, no lever that can be pulled for a soft landing.
History is generous with examples going all the way back to the ancient Sumerians through the French Bourbon monarchy-- whenever things get too far out of control, the system resets itself.
This isn't about fear. It's about facts, uncomfortable as they may be.
We are programmed practically from birth to deny this. We grow up thinking that "this is the greatest country in the world, that could never happen here."
Look around. It's not the country you grew up in. And it's already happening.
We all have survival instincts. And most likely, your instincts are telling you that something has gone terribly wrong in the system. That's probably why you read our free e-letter, Notes from the Field.
My suggestion is that it's time to move things to the next level. And that's Sovereign Man: Confidential (SMC).
SMC is our premium alert service. Members receive short, timely, highly actionable alerts covering the full range of topics--
- Why you should consider moving some money out of the country, how to do it, where to send it, and specifically who to contact
- Why you should think about establishing a second residency and citizenship, and where, plus different ways to get it done to fit just about any budget. And of course, who to contact.
- Unique global investing options that fall outside of the normal CNBC cheerleader drivel
- The top places in the world to store your gold, plus exclusive member discounts that you won't find anywhere else.
- Critical asset protection intelligence that will ensure everything you have worked for doesn't become property of the state. Plus our exclusive discounts can literally save you thousands.
- The right tax and legal advice from experts in the industry. You'll learn how to do things the right way, the legitimate way, from leading professionals.
There's so much more that we cover-- banking, finance, real estate, investing, asset protection, global business opportunities and corporate structuring, agriculture, lifestyle opportunities, healthcare and medical insurance, and more.
Plus there's the opportunity to network with like-minded people on our exclusive members-only website.
It should be clear by now that waiting around for 'someone' to fix this broken system is tantamount to financial suicide.
The only way forward is to reduce your dependence on the system. Diversify yourself globally and become more self-reliant.
If you don't, you are literally entrusting your livelihood, your family's security, and everything you have worked for over your entire life to the cadre of deceitful, incompetent central bankers and politicians who are in charge.
I personally guarantee the quality of our intelligence, and the positive impact it can have on your life.
Simply put, you won't find this information anywhere else. And if you follow what you read, you will sleep easier knowing that you have safeguarded your family's security no matter what happens.
I want to make it worth your while to join us. Given what's happening in the world right now, the cost of not joining is far too high. So I'd like to extend a special offer to you for a limited time.