From June 27 to July 9 of 2015 Kyiv International Institute of Sociology (KIIS) has conducted a nationwide opinion poll.
NOTICE! The survey was conducted before the events in Mukachevo and before sending the draft amendments of the Constitution by Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine to Constitutional Court to decentralize power. Considering resonance of these events and active discussion in the media, they can affect the future dynamics of public opinion.
Here are the main results:
• “Block of Petro Poroshenko" and All-Ukrainian Union "Fatherland" - the leaders of the party rating on the elections to the Verkhovna Rada and to local authorities.
• Since the elections the most growing rating is rating of All-Ukrainian Union "Fatherland", "People’s Front" decreases the most. "Block of Petro Poroshenko" and "Union Samopomich" first showed growth, but later - a slight decline and return to the level of elections in 2014.
• Petro Poroshenko and Julia Tymoshenko are the leaders in the presidential rating.
• Most people negatively assess the activity of P. Petro Poroshenko as the President and Arseniy Yatsenyuk on the position of Prime Minister.
• Most people believe that the conflict in the east of Ukraine should be resolved through peaceful negotiations on the basis of the Minsk agreements. However, most of the population believes that "any agreement with the current leadership of the Russian Federation is a lie and it still would not run."
If elections to the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine took place in mid-July, with all citizens of Ukraine at the age of 18 years –
• 13,3% would vote for the party "Block of Petro Poroshenko"
• 12,8% - for the All-Ukrainian Union "Fatherland"
So if those who have not decided for whom to vote, as usual, did not come to the elections, voting would take about 56% of voters, and presented data would be distributed as follows (in fact, these indicators the nearest to the possible results of the elections if they were held in mid-July):
• 23,5% would vote for the party "Block of Petro Poroshenko”,
• 22,7% – for the All-Ukrainian Union "Fatherland"
So that was two months ago. And it seems to be quite obvious that for the past two months Julia Tymoshenko’s party has left Poroshenko far behind and currently she is the only leader of public polls and all possible ratings.
But let’s get back to the reality of politics in Ukraine. From June 27 to July 9 of 2015 Kyiv International Institute of Sociology has actually done absolutely useless work. Sorry but if you read the full report above and followed the link to read more… you’ve wasted your time as well. Sorry for it. The only thing you are to know about the upcoming elections to the Verkhovna Rada in Ukraine is that… on September 2, 2015 the Office of the Prosecutor General of Ukraine has brought an action against Tymoshenko. I actually used Google translator and if the translation can be trusted the main competitor of official Kiev is currently facing accusations of “organization of mass riots” & “violations of public order in group”.
So what? “Thank you for Maidan cooperation, miss Tymoshenko… and welcome back into the prison”?? Ukraine is so Ukraine…